Become A Member
You are eligible for membership at General Credit Union if you are an(a):
- Individual who lives or works in the following counties can bank with us; Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Kosciusko, Noble, Steuben, Wells and Whitley (all in Indiana).
- Employee of an affiliated company.
- Spouse of those who died while within the field of membership.
- Employee of the credit union.
- Retired as pensioners or annuitants from any of our affiliates.
- Employees of any of our affiliated companies and their immediate family members include: spouse, partner, minor child, adult children residing in member’s home.
- Individual who has the following relationship with a current member; parent, spouse, child, step-child, brother, sister, niece, nephew, grandparent, grandchild, father-in-law, mother-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, uncle or cousin is a member of General Credit Union are eligible for membership.
Call us if you have any questions concerning your ability to bank with us. Becoming a member of General Credit Union is real simple. You simply complete a membership application and make an initial deposit of $25.00 into your regular savings account, or complete our membership application online, print it, and mail it to us or drop it off at any of our locations, along with a minimum deposit of $25.00 for your basic savings account and an additional $25.00 minimum for checking.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see driver’s license or other identifying documents. When mailing this membership application, please include a photocopy of your driver’s license.
Business Account applicants must fill out the regular Membership Card as well as the Business Account Card.