Remote Deposit Capture
Mobile Deposit Capture – Remote Deposit Capture (RDC)
Mobile Deposit/Remote Deposit Capture (“RDC”) is a new tool that is designed to make it easy and convenient to deposit checks anywhere, anytime from your camera enabled (Android/IOS) smartphone into your account. To get started, download General Credit Union’s “(GCU”) Mobile Banking App (TouchBanking) today from the iTunes store or the Google Play store. ** Must be enrolled in GCU Online **
How to Sign Up and/or Qualifications:
Mobile deposit will be automatically enabled in your mobile application based on your personal account being in good standing and meeting the following criteria. (Business accounts are not eligible for Remote Deposit Capture)
Steps to Deposit a Check
- Make sure that the name of the Payee on the check is on the account
- Endorse the check with your signature and “For Deposit Only Via GCU RDC”
- Open the General Credit Union Mobile Banking App.
- Select Deposit.
- Select the Checking account you want to deposit the check into.
- Enter the Amount of the check you wish to deposit.
- Take a picture of the front of the check.
- Take a picture of the back of the check.
- Confirm and submit the deposit.
- Upon your receipt of a confirmation from GCU that we have received an image that you have transmitted, you agree to retain the check for at least 30 calendar days from the date of the image transmission. After 30 days, you agree to destroy the check that you transmitted as an image, mark it “VOID”, or otherwise render it incapable of further transmission, deposit, or presentment. During the time that retained check is available you agree to promptly provide it to GCU upon request.
Rules and Deposit Timing
- Deposits received via the Service are processed on our mobile deposit business days, which are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, until 4:00PM EST if approved will usually be deposited into your Account by 8:00PM EST. Deposit items that we receive after 4:00PM EST or on non business days will be processed on the next business day that we are open.
- The first $200 of your deposit will be made available to you on the first (1st) business day following the day we post your deposit into your Account. The remainder of your deposit will be available the second (2nd) business day after the business day on which we receive the deposit.
- Eligible Items: You agree to scan and deposit only “checks” as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC (“Reg. CC”). When the image of the check transmitted to GCU is converted to an Image Replacement Document for subsequent presentment and collection, it shall thereafter be deemed an “item” within the meanings of Articles 3 and 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Most checks are eligible to be Mobile Deposited. However, the following types of checks are not eligible for mobile deposit:
• Checks payable to any person other than you.
• Checks payable to you jointly with one or more other persons, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
• Checks that have been previously negotiated (including checks that may have been returned), remotely created, Sight Drafts, or checks more than 6 months old (stale dated).
• Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States or not in United States currency or issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.
• Insurance Claim Checks, Money Orders (Postal and Money Gram), Traveler’s Checks, Credit Card Cash Advance Checks, and Cashier Checks