Thanks for taking an interest in joining the General Credit Union team. Here you can find all available positions, along with a brief job description and qualifications. Even if you do not see a desired position available, we encourage you to submit your resume for consideration regarding future opportunities.
Submit your resume at any GCU location, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing to;
General Credit UnionAttn: Human Resources6601 Mutual DriveFort Wayne, IN – 46825
Teller – Internship/Externship (Unpaid)
Unpaid. Hours and days will vary based on availability and business needs.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Must possess above average skills in handling money and have an aptitude for detail work
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must score at least 80% on the Math Employment Test
- Balancing cash drawer at end of the day
- Answer phones
- Handle member inquiries
- Be responsible for processing, balancing & transmitting their checks daily
- Be responsible for selling and recording money orders and cashier’s checks
- Be responsible for selling and recording movie tickets, theme park tickets and gift cards
- Process of incoming mail deposits
- Be knowledgeable of all credit union forms, their purpose and ability to assist member in completing them
- Be knowledgeable regarding all credit union services and have the ability to inform members regarding our products & services
- Be knowledgeable regarding our certificate and loan rates and relate same to members
- Ensure that employee/member relations are maintained at a high level.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager or Assistant Manager
- All information concerning Board Members, Committee Members and employees will be kept in the strictest confidence. Employees will not discuss confidential information with anyone except as required in transacting normal Credit Union business.